Teknon Medical Center is located in central area of Barcelona. It’s a private organization that gained worldwide fame because of its extensive specialization, quality services and highly qualified doctors. Mostly, organization activities are concentrated in oncology field, neuro- and cardiac surgery.
Experts of Teknon clinic apply high-quality equipment, introducing advanced technological solutions, allowing them to perform top-grade diagnostics and choose effective therapeutic methods for patients. Physicians practicing in the center are competent professionals with many-years of expertise. Among other professional advantages, Teknon has JCI accreditation – American Commission, and EFQM certificate – Establishment for Quality Control of Therapeutic Services in Europe – complete safety guarantee.
Teknon Medical Center in Spain. Its advantages
Teknon has extensive specialization and works in many areas. Nevertheless, primary Teknon Center focus for researches and therapeutic tequinics development is as follows.
- Cancerous tumors treatment.
- Cardiology – surgical techniques for cardiac pathologies.
- Vascular surgery.
Main Departments of Teknon Medical Center Barcelona
- Plastic surgery.
Additionally to main ones, the clinic has several specialized departments, particularly, the following:
- allergic defects therapy in adults and children;
- investigation and cure of illnesses affecting reproductive system organs in men;
- operations for defects musculoskeletal system correction in children and adolescents;
- operational techniques for treating pathologies found in the fetus – preventing the serious illnesses and cell deformation development;
- surgical therapies for the face benign formations treatment, transplantation on maxillofacial region;
- heart surgery: shunt placement, catheterization, cardiac structures reconstruction, etc.;
- operations to eliminate the most complex vascular deformities;
- therapeutic methods development for skin cancer and psoriasis treatment;
- hair transplantation, anti-aging therapy;
Centro Médico Teknon gained worldwide fame not only for its high qualifications, extensive professional experience and specialists’ competence, but for its innovation in implementation of certain following practices.
- Digital CT modeling.
- Computerized networks development for recordings exchange within clinical bases.
- 120-plate linear accelerator with dual handling and modulated RX-rate option.
- Operations projection in 3D format.
- Apparatus for ray therapeutics by stereotaxic method.
- First development in Europe allowing specialists to control radio affection rate on a real time basis.
- 2020: specialists tested postbiotics – meds for combating AMD macular degeneracy connected with age influence – first medicinal option to restore human vision.
- Tekon clinic specialists were first to use cell therapeutic methodology for combating arthrosis.
- Tecon pioneered implementation of technique unknown earlier – renal denervation – methodology for reducing and controlling pressure in persons not amenable to hypertension.
- 2012 was marked by Teknon buying unique panoramic MRI diagnosis systems.
- 2011: center introduced a new Da Vinci Robot version. Simultaneously, Teknon received status of organization charging for World Race structurizing and professional accompanying.
- First operation to reduce stomach size out of incisions – via oral cavity – was performed in endoscopy department.
- In 2020, Teknon performed operations on women with noncancerous heart tumors – they didn’t need additional therapy.
Among others, recently Hospital Teknon has replenished with another unit – psycho-oncological care. Here, specialists work with people suffering from malignant tumors, helping them cope with pathology on a psychological level. Psychologists motivate people to trust in therapy success and not lose the desire to defeat tumors.
Teknon Barcelona Medical Center certification
- UNE – Spanish Standardization System.
- ISO – International Quality Assessment System – Global Standardization Organization.
- Joint Commission International – American organization for medical structures accreditation.
- Honorary certification of Catalonia Generalitat – highest authority in autonomous province of Catalonia.
- European Foundation for Quality Management.