Features and benefits of Samsung Hospital
- Its staff uses a separately developed mobile application. With this application, doctors have access to real-time patient information. In addition, the clinic has a common interaction system bringing together doctors, staff, diagnostic departments, pharmacies and other structural elements.
- Samsung Medical performed the first implantation of a device for mechanical circulatory support to an elderly patient.
- The center’s specialists practice radiofrequency ablation, which has already helped 96% of people suffering from kidney cancer and having contraindications to surgical interventions.
- “Samsung” specialists were first worldwide to cure such a pathology as “open ductus arteriosus” in premature organisms without surgical manipulations.
- Doctors of the clinic have global leadership in identification of clinical types of progressive gastric carcinoma.
- At Samsung Medical Center, experts were able to detect cancer target genes in the brain. This helped to develop several options for personalized therapy, performed by analyzing the development of tumor gene mutations.
- Active implementation of thoracoscopic surgery for arrhythmia – therapy success increases to 92%.
- Surgery for cerebrum tumors.
- Dental business.
- Neurological division.
- Neurosurgical department.
- Children’s surgical unit.
- Center for Diabetes Research and Therapies.
- Center for heart pathologies.
- Study and Treatment of Liver Cancer, etc.
In the oncology unit, specialists use innovative technologies – Gamma Knife, as well as methods of highly concentrated chemotherapy and BMT. Samsung Hospital carries out about two thousand surgical interventions for removing cancerous tumors in the stomach and about one and a half thousand – to treat colorectal cancers.
Separately, Samsung Seoul Hospital operates a special Division for Investigation and Therapy of Female Reproductive Organs Cancer. Annually, 500+ patients successfully undergo therapy at “Samsung”.
Physicians perform microdecompression operations, a success rate of which is 97% out of a hundred. On the basis of the neurosurgical department of the hospital, a special Center has been created, which performs endoscopic surgical interventions for brain cancer. This department receives more than two hundred patients annually.
Certification & awards
- Samsung Hospital in Seoul is ISO certified.
- It obtained a special award from Korea Health Accreditation Institute.
- Top medical institutions worldwide according to Newsweek in 2021.