Advantages and features
- Rambam Haifa specialists are first experts in Israel who started implementing non-invasive therapeutic methodologies for tremor treatment – ultrasound waves controlled by MRI.
- In collaboration with Wisconsin University scientists, clinic’s physicians were the first in world history to extract embryonic stem cells and use them to create artificial blood vessels – they were then successfully implanted.
- Under the guidance of professor Gepshtein, clinic scientists performed several laboratory operations, the purpose of which was to ensure cardiomyocyte synthesis in heart failure. In world practice, it’s the first successful case.
- Rambam Israel experts were the first in Israel to conserve ovarian tissue before chemotherapy for reproduction function preservation.
- Rambam Medical Center was the first to perform a surgical intervention with a Da Vinci device on a child.
- Otolaryngologist Professor Gil is the first Israeli specialist to perform an endoscopy for tumor elimination through the sinuses of a child.
- Hospital employs 2 Nobel Prize winners in chemistry, who were awarded for their study of proteins functioning. Laboratory studies conducted by clinic’s scientists made it possible to identify autoimmune ailments and cancerous cells at first stages of their development, and to carry out complex therapy immediately.
Branches and centers
Haifa Rambam Hospital consists of many units and centers, among which the following are the main ones.
- Cardiac surgery.
- Thoracic surgery.
- Children Hospital.
- Maxillofacial Surgery.
- Vascular surgery.
- Thoracic surgery.
Rambam operates a full-fledged Diagnostic Center, equipped with modernized apparatus helping experts detect pathological cells in embryos.
- The Cardiology division has installed the CARTO-3 system – it helps to qualitatively diagnose and treat atrial fibrillation.
- In cerebrum pathology therapy, a unique development of SPECT is implemented; thus, it’s able to clearly transmit the lobes’ image in 3D format.
- Hospital’s gastroenterologists are developing new types of capsule endoscopy to examine the gastrointestinal tract.
- At Rambam Hospital Haifa, genetic mapping techniques are used to determine ailments being inherited. It helps to prevent or stop the development of diabetes mellitus, kidney failure and various chronic defects at embryonic stage.
- Oncology unit has innovative IMRT devices, a modern stereotaxis system and 3D radiation optimization system. Hospital experts are researching new cancer vaccines and developing more effective methods of non-surgical carcinomas therapy.
- Neurosurgeons specialize in elimination of therapies damaging nervous system, and implement sophisticated methods of intensive treatment – Gamma Knife and Cyberknife installations, and Novalis linear accelerator, which is used for contraindications to surgical intervention. Additionally, this division performs surgical treatment of epilepsy, plastic surgery to minimize skull deformity, endoscopy of cerebrum formations, brain catheterization, and other types of complex pathologies’ therapies.
- Main areas of cardiac surgery at Rambam are coronary artery bypass grafting, heart surgery, cardiac muscle remodeling, arrhythmia and congenital heart defects therapy.
- Thoracic surgery unit is biggest division in this direction in Israel. 500+ surgical interventions and 300 invasive examinations take place here annually.
Rambam Hospital Israel is accredited by JCI (USA) and is included in the list of best medical establishments worldwide in 2021 according to well-known American Newsweek journal.