Features and benefits of Helios Berlin-Buch
- Clinic’s experts place special emphasis on studying the roots of cancerous tumor development, and creating effective methods for treating such pathologies. Helios Berlin-Buch Society has been awarded the status of a specialized oncological clinical unit by Oncologists of Germany. Doctors use modernized effective methodologies in their practice, particularly, targeted and immune therapy, and treatment using electron beam mechanisms. Purpose of these methods is complete cancerous formation destruction without a negative effect on tissues not damaged by pathology.
- Innovative medical mechanisms. Patients’ diagnosis and therapy is carried out using latest MRI machines versions, positron emission and computed tomography, and mechanisms for radiation therapy. Modern technological developments make it possible to extremely accurately determine tumor size and its nature, while having a gentle effect on the organism as a whole.
- New therapeutic techniques. Helios Berlin-Buch actively and quite closely interacts with biotech organizations and scientific establishments. Thus, clinic is first to get access to new meds and clinical techniques.
Helios Klinikum Berlin-Buch branches and centers
- General surgery.
- Surgery of the maxillofacial division.
At Helios Berlin-Buch there’s a specialized sarcoma unit.
Narrow specialization and main focus
Oncology Helios Berlin-Buch division is globally accredited and occupies a leading position in the general list of such departments. Narrow clinic’s specialization is surgical and non-invasive therapies of cancers formed in genitourinary and endocrine systems, malignant blood and gastric system lesions.
Additionally to the usual methodologies of cancer therapy, widely known in the medical community, the following methods are practiced at Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch:
- IOELT – cancerous tumors irradiation during surgery. Innovative apparatus is used, affecting the formation in certain doses;
- HIPEC and PIPAC are methods for treating tumors hitting the abdominal cavity. Specialists inject a special medication into the peritoneum; it completely destroys malignant cells;
- RFA – neoplasms are destroyed through the high temperatures. Procedure is performed without a direct incision on skin.
Integrated approach allows physicians to achieve maximum therapy efficiency.
At Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch, there’s specialized unit directing its activities to sarcoma therapy – biggest center for soft tissue and bone sarcomas elimination in Germany. Particularly, experts deal with the following pathologies.
- Bones cancers – doctors treat tumors with meds to prevent metastases appearance and spread. Then, formation must be removed surgically.
- Cartilage cancer – predominantly surgical therapy.
- Ewing’s sarcoma – chemotherapy and radiation therapy in combination.
- Sarcoma affecting soft tissues – surgical formation removal. Next, chemotherapy is carried out; its purpose is to prevent metastases spread.
Helios Berlin-Buch experts implement in their practice hyperthermally isolated chemoperfusion – type of chemotherapy when blood flow to the extremities is artificially limited, ensuring tumor isn’t nourished.
Helios Berlin Clinic certification
- Hospital is accredited by the world standardizer ISO.
- HELIOS Klinikum Berlin-Buch GmbH has been awarded the status of best medical establishment in Germany by Focus.
- Newsweek has globally named the Helios Berlin-Buch as one of most competent hospitals in 2021.