Bumrungrad International Hospital offers:
Diagnostics and treatment of oncological diseases using the latest techniques and technological solutions. Specialists perform tumor irradiation using VMAT, chemotherapy, stem cell transplantation, brachytherapy, immunotherapy and other types of treatment in accordance with the principles of evidence-based medicine and clinical guidelines.
- Volumetric modulated arc therapy (VMAT) is a novel radiation therapy technique that delivers the radiation dose continuously as the treatment machine rotates. This makes it possible to minimize impact on healthy tissues, because device clearly acts only on tumor cells, providing the correct dosage of the radio substance.
- Brachytherapy – a radioactive substance is injected into or near formation to minimize influence of the rays on healthy cells. During continuous brachytherapy, microscopic capsules are placed inside the tumor, which independently irradiate the affected area for some time. Temporary brachytherapy makes it possible to increase the dose of rays locally, that is, in the place where the malignant tumor is located, so healthy cells do not suffer from radio exposure.
- The doctors of the hospital also perform transplantation of their own and donor stem cells for cancer therapy.
Another core area of Bumrungrad is cardiology. Every year, cardiology division receives more than 40 thousand patients with diseases of the heart and blood vessels. Bumrungrad uses a special Watchman technique to prevent stroke. A special device is immersed in the left atrium, so that blood cannot collect there and create clots that lead to stroke.
Specialists of the Nephrology Department in the clinic diagnose and treat various types of kidney diseases:
- acute renal failure;
- genetic and acquired kidney ailments.
Hospital’s doctors use modern methods of therapy – ultrasound therapy, dopplerography, CT, magnetic resonance angiography. The doctors of the center have developed a special program for the treatment of chronic kidney disease, aimed at preventing or stopping the development of the disease and minimizing the risk of complications.
Departments and centers of Bumrungrad
- Health Screening Center (Checkup).
- Department of hearing correction and coordination.
- Heart Institute.
- Center for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy.
- Intensive therapy.
- Healthy Aging Center New Life.
- Center for Parkinson’s Disease and Movement Disorders.
- Perinatal center.
- Plastic surgery.
- Lung center.
- Refractive surgery.
- Robotic Scoliosis Center.
- Center for sports medicine and joints.
- Scientific Health Center VitalLife.
- Center for Skin and Aesthetics.
- Bumrungrad is the first medical center in Asia to get JCI certification, which confirms the compliance of all services, equipment and specialists’ knowledge with world standards.
- It is also the first establishment outside the Americas to be GHA approved, certifying it meets the criteria for medical tourism.
- First-class patient care is confirmed by US DAISY foundation award.
- It also has Accreditation Institute certification in health protection field for safety of clinical care.